Make Your Move Latrobe
GippSport, in collaboration with the Latrobe Health Assembly (LHA), is leading the Make Your Move Latrobe project which aims to promote a more vibrant, healthy and active Latrobe Valley work force and community.
Make Your Move Latrobe is seeking to work directly with the Latrobe Valley community, including older people, isolated communities and employees within Latrobe City workplaces with a focus on sedentary and isolated workers. We are also seeking to partner with selected community events to provide social recreation programs with broad reach and high visibility.
Highlights of the program to date include:
- Currently engaged with:
• Latrobe City Council
• Loy Yang B
• Gippsland Water
• Australia Post
• St Hilary’s Aged Care
• Latrobe Valley Bus Lines
• Aussie Broadband
• Lion Beverages
• Victoria Police
• Federation University
- Partnering with LCHS and the delivery of the Achievement Program in Latrobe City, assisting workplaces achieve the Physical activity portion of the program
- Establishing the Escaping Your Comfort Zone program in Latrobe City, with 3 community walk leaders trained
- Delivery of a community triathlon and a workplace TriActive program in partnership with Triathlon Victoria
- Establishment of community ‘pop up’ games in Traralgon East as part of a community revitalisation project
- Establishment of active playgroup sessions with St Hilary’s & Lumen Christi
The Make Your Move Latrobe program is funded until June 30 2020. A focus of the program is to continue to raise awareness surrounding the effects of sedentary work behaviours and the benefits of increasing physical activity. There will also be an increased push for the isolated communities sector of the initiative, beginning to activate in smaller communities.
In 2020 the program will continue to provide tailored, engaging and fun opportunities for active recreation in the community. We welcome ideas from all around the Latrobe City on how we can work with you to provide innovative and fun physical activity.